- Cerys Howell 9B was chosen to compete at the Northern Ireland Working Hunter International at the British Show Pony Society International Championships at Grantham in England during the summer on her pony Twyford Captain Morgan. The championships involved the three disciplines of dressage, working hunter and show jumping, and each team member had to compete in all three disciplines. Cerys achieved the highest Northern Ireland place in the dressage competition with a fourth out of all forty eight competitors. She also gained a second, two thirds, two fourths and a fifth over various working hunter competitions.
- Abbie Webster 9D won Junior Player of the Year for Donaghadee Netball Team.
- Megan Mackey 10B has attended the Una Breslin School of Irish Dance since the age of 4. For the last 5 years she has qualified for and competed in the NI Irish Dancing Championships. This year she competed and was placed 8th in Northern Ireland. Megan has danced in many festivals recently and has qualified for next year’s Northern Irish Championship which takes place in February 2016. Megan also attended an Irish dancing summer school this summer which was run by Lauren Smyth the principal dancer in Riverdance.
- Rosa Scott 10B, who is a member of the Sercosaults Trampolining Club, represented Northern Ireland as part of the NI Squad at the Regional Team Finals 2015 in Peterborough in May of this year.
- Megan Ogle 11E is deserving recognition for her bravery in coping with serious illness. Megan was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma July 2014 and has come through a very tough year of intense chemotherapy and 3 major surgeries. She was out of school for a full year and her goal through it all was to return to school to start Year 11. We are proud to say that Megan has achieved this, demonstrating her strength of character and her love of school.
- Grace Dickson 12B was awarded the Baden Powell Award in 2014 following a number of challenges, tasks, projects and field trips. This award is the highest individual achievement a guide can gain and she was presented with her award by the Guide President. Grace has been part of the Girl Guiding Association since she was 4 years old and has undertaken many badges and challenges over the years. Her next challenge will be to work towards and achieve the Queen’s Guide.
- Jordan Rosborough 12E received a distinction with 94/100 in Grade 4 Music Theory in March 2015 .
- Lauren Ward 12F has passed Grade 7 Speech and Drama with distinction.
- Saskia Greer 13C competed in the Northern Ireland Athletics Championships held at Mary Peters track on Saturday 6 June 2015. She won a gold medal in 200m and is the current club 200m champion.
- Jade Sexton 13F took part in a boxing white collar match to help raise funds for the family of a local baby Kendal who was born with hypo plastic left heart syndrome and suspected Goldenhar syndrome. Jade fought hard and although she lost her match, she raised over £600. She also participated in another match to help raise funds to find treatment and therapy for local baby, Elsa, who suffers violent seizures up to 20 times a day. Jade has worked incredibly hard to raise money and awareness for the babies and their illnesses.
- Amy Thompson 13F gained the Institute of Qualified Lifeguards Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue in February 2015.
- Niamh Cummings 14B travelled to Malawi to help out at a hospital and paint and fix up buildings. She was the youngest in the team. In addition she helps out at Sunnyside House care home on Friday afternoons.
- Emily Longridge 14C has been volunteering at Assisi Animal Sanctuary, whilst studying for her AS exams and Maths GCSE . She also helps to care for her elderly grandfather, cooking and helping him about the house and with his shopping. Emily suffers from Graves’ disease which affects concentration and she is to be commended for her exam achievements and her dedication to others.
- Leah Jackson 14C qualified during summer 2015 to compete at the Pony Club Championships at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire, England. She came 2nd at the qualifying event and was placed 9th individual out of 34. The three-membered team she was part of, was placed 6th out of 24 teams. Leah has competed throughout the year at numerous show jumping events, both outside the school, on her horse Gemily, and for the school on Cardy Spring.
- Leah I Montgomery 14D achieved Distinction in her Intermediate Ballet exam in May 2015.
- Girls from Glenlola Collegiate were part of both the Junior and Senior Girls Rowing Teams at the National Combined Regatta which took place from 4-6 September 2015 on the River Thames in London. The Juniors placed first in the UK, winning the gold medal in the Junior Section. The Senior girls placed second in the UK, beating 5 of the other 6 finalists from across Scotland, Wales and England.
Bangor Senior Girls Rowing Team:
Emily Osborne Y14
Rebecca Williamson Y13
Sarah Wong Y14
Amy Atwell Y14
This is now the 5th year in a row that this senior team have won the Northern Ireland Regatta and gone on to place in the UK, bringing home a medal each and every time. This will be their last year rowing together and we are all very proud of their outstanding achievements.