The Team consists of:
The Designated Teacher for Child Protection and has responsibility for the School’s Pastoral Care System.
- Mrs H Law – Head of Pastoral Care
Deputy Head of Pastoral Care and Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection
- Mrs J Wilson – Deputy Head of Pastoral Care and Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection
- Mr B Montgomery (Vice Principal) – Deputy Designated Teacher for Child Protection
Pastoral Care Assistant
- A Counsellor from Family Works is available for pupils one morning a week.
- In addition, the School employs a part-time Pupil Counsellor who is available on Thursdays and Fridays between 9.00am to 2.30pm.
Duties of the Pastoral Care Team
The duties include:
- Counselling and supporting pupils
- A member of the Pastoral Care Team is available to talk to pupils each morning before registration and at lunchtime.
- Notices displayed around the School inform pupils about these arrangements and give details of the location of the Pastoral Care Office.
- The Pastoral Care Team is introduced to incoming Year 8 pupils and their parents during the Induction Evening (June) and it meets with the pupils on Induction Day (Autumn Term).
- Pupils who have suffered bereavement during the School Year are given particular support by the Pastoral Care Team who also liaise closely with the pupils’ families.
- The Team has a key role to play in developing and implementing anti-bullying strategies.
- The Pastoral Care Team gives support to any pupils in the School who are Young Carers.
- The Team gives guidance to pupils on matters of personal safety in the community. This guidance is delivered through Assemblies or through Year Group meetings.
- Liaison with all relevant outside agencies as required.