The target period for term 3 ran right up until the very last day, leaving girls every chance to meet their targets – but not enough time to feedback on their success before now. Having looked at the data, I would like to pass on results for the summer target period and give you news of the splendid totals achieved by the girls over the year. The figures are astounding.
- The total number of words read since September is 289, 192, 807!
- There were 74 girls who read a million words or more over the course of the year.
- 18 girls read more than 2 million words.
- 5 girls managed to read more than 3 million words.
- Top individual reader was Rosie Page of 9B. Rosie read 3,322,719 words! She passed 37 Accelerated Reader quizzes – Many Congratulations Rosie!
- Special mention to Amy Dong who was only around 80 words short of Rosie’s impressive total.
- The top class in Year 8 was 8F, reading an astonishing 34, 655, 713 between them.
- In year 9 it was 9A, who got through an impressive 28,055,872 words.
- And in year 10, 10F read through an amazing 24,825, 317 words.
I hope you will join me in congratulating the girls on this hugely impressive effort and their many successes. Perhaps next year we can break the 300-million-word barrier?